If your home has solid walls you may want to consider external wall insulation as a solution to retain heat in your home in winter and to keep your home cooler in the heat of summer. Plus you may be eligible to get external wall insulation for FREE on your home.
If your home was built before 1920, it’s likely that the external walls consist of solid walls rather than cavity walls. Solid walls have no gap, making them unsuitable for insulation filling.
Solid walls can be insulated from the inside using internal wall insulation or from the outside. Either of which can provide big savings on your energy costs.
What is external wall insulation?
During external wall insulation, we will fix a layer of insulation to the outside of your external walls, and then cover it with a special type of render (plasterwork) or cladding. The finish of this can be smooth, textured, tiled, painted, panelled or pebble dashed.
Benefits of external wall insulation:
- No internal disruption in your home, all the work is carried out on the exterior of your home.
- Renews the appearance of the outer walls of your home.
- Provides an improved weatherproofing and sound resistance layer to your home.
- Reduces draughts by filling cracks and gaps in the brickwork.
- Protects your brick walls, increasing the lifespan of your home.
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help reduce damp.
Consider the following before installing external insulation:
- Check with your local council, as you may require planning permission.
- Requires good access to the outer walls.
- Any outer walls structural issues would need to be resolved before external wall insulation can be installed.
But here’s the exciting part – you may be eligible for free external wall insulation through the ECO4 scheme. This government-funded initiative aims to improve the energy efficiency of homes across the country. By meeting certain criteria, such as being a homeowner with a low household income or receiving government benefits, you can take advantage of this funding opportunity.
It’s a fantastic chance to enhance your home’s energy efficiency without incurring any costs – no strings attached!
How do I apply for the ECO4 Scheme?
So, how can you start insulating through the ECO4 scheme? The first step is to check your eligibility by giving us a call on 01422 414850.
It’s the quickest way to check your eligibility. However, you can also fill out a form on our website if you prefer.
Our experienced team will guide you through the process of claiming your free funding, right through to completion of the work.
Act now and take advantage of the free funding available through the ECO4 scheme. Contact us today!